Thursday, November 19, 2009

Reading faces

"Ok, I'm getting the feeling you're not happy?"



"Why don't you tell me how you really feel?"

We're trying to introduce finger foods to get him to try to feed himself, so I gave him half of a banana.  He wasn't very excited about it.  In fact, he smashed it to smithereens. 

7 comments:

Alicia said...

I have a suggestion for you. Please ignore the advice if you're not interested.
When we introduced banana to Hannah, I got a great tip from another mom. She cut up the banana into small pieces, then crushed a handful of Cheerios in a Ziploc baggie. Throw the diced banana into the bag, and toss to coat with the Cheerios. Sometimes kids don't like the slimy texture and have a hard time picking them up. This worked well for us, and we used it for all sorts of slimy things at first (avocado, fresh peaches, etc.)
Hope this is helpful! Caleb sure is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

wow. that's a face i've never seen before! where's the smiley caleb?!

Hannah Andrews said...

I love that picture! He makes the cutest faces!

David / Lisa Domine said...

Alicia,
I actually tried the crushed Cheerios thing with some cut up apples...I saw it on your Tiny Tidbits blog. :) Unfortunately, I got the same face from Caleb. Maybe I'll try it with banana. We're kind of experimenting with different things right now. I love to get advice! :) Congrats on your boy! Boys are sooooo fun!

the herzogs said...

hahahaha i loooooove it! you could try peas or chunks of baked sweet potato...maybe you already tried that though :-) i love that face, though! like 'mom, what do you think you're doing?'

Unknown said...

Emory just now started eating bananas that were not pureed....so it's perfectly normal for Caleb to react that way. I think some kids are sensitive to certain textures.

He is so cute!

Unknown said...

that's hilarious! he makes the cutest faces ever! :) if it makes you feel any better, noah's not eating even mushed food :)