So I mentioned we're making an extra effort to eat healthy this month. I found a recipe online for a breakfast drink called the Green Monster. It's a healthy drink with veggies and fruit to help kick-start your day. You can make it any way you want, but mine had spinach, milk and banana.
It wasn't bad. Kind of like an earthy, chewy banana drink. Sounds yummy, huh? :) I'll have it again, and maybe try some other fruits to mix in with it. I have to use up all the spinach I bought!
The healthy eating is going ok. David has had amazing will power to avoid sweets. He's been getting hungry between meals though, so I'm trying to think of good snacks for him. Trying to find foods that will fill you up and keep you full is a little challenging, especially when you're used to having bread at every meal. And David doesn't have a lot of time to snack throughout the day. But we're going to keep pushing through the month! Hopefully by the end, we'll have healthier eating habits, and be able to keep it going...just not as strict.
I must admit though, I'm already thinking about making these cinnamon rolls for Christmas! Those are definitely not figure-friendly, but the holidays call for a little indulgence. :)
1 comment:
You might want to consider baby carrot sticks as a snack. If you're staying away from sugar, they will actually taste sweet; and they are very nutritious.
love, Dad 20091104
Post a Comment