Here is kind of a "before" picture taken at the beginning of December.
I am by no means an expert at cutting hair. I used to cut David's hair with clippers, but scissors on an 11-month-old is a different story. So this is how we started out...
Yes, we hung him upside down. We thought, he likes to hang upside down, so it'll be more fun for him. And it'll help me gather the long strands of hair together to make an even cut. Isn't that how they teach it in cosmetology school??? :)
After I got all the really long stuff on top cut off, David held him while I snipped the bangs, around the ears and the back of the neck. I was a little nervous to have scissors that close to his wiggly body and twisting head. There are a couple of choppy spots, but his hair was never even to begin with. And now I think he looks more boy-like.
...maybe too boy-like. Like, "Where did my baby go? And who is the grown-up kiddo?"

9 comments:
Caleb's haircut looks great! Can't believe he's almost a year old!
you did a great job, lisa!! he looked super cute before, and he looks super cute now, too! And yeah, I know what you mean about more boy-ish and where did my baby go...when we let caleb's hair grow out again this time, i felt like he was more of a baby...and then we cut it all off again and he's all grown up looking. hopefully the haircut helps with people who don't know him :-) if it helps, my friend kirby's son was mistaken for a girl a lot because of his blond curly hair, even when he was wearing blue outfits with dragons or something on it! love ya!
this is hilarious!!! i LOVE how you cut it! what a great idea! and i think he looks super cute! you did a great job! :)
good job, mom!
He looks so boyish!!! and so cute. You did great!
i think you did a great job! he looks so big now. i guess i haven't seen him for a while. hope y'all are doing well.
Hi Lisa, I found your blog from FB.
Caleb is ADORABLE!!! And I am not just saying that because he is my great-nephew!!! There isn't a pic of him that doesn't make me say "aww!" or laugh!
As a liscenced cosmetologist ~ahem~,you had the right idea with cutting his hair from that angle to get layers!! Looks great too. He is as cute as you were as a baby, which feels like yesterday to me...Aunt Cecelia
Aunt Cecelia hangs me upside down to cut my hair all the time!
Uncle Bobby...
Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I hope it turns out good the next time too! :) Aunt Cecelia and Uncle Bobby, thanks for the laugh! I'm glad I have the approval of a professional.
Post a Comment