Thursday, February 28, 2013

What the boys are doing

Just wanted to jot down some things the boys have been doing and saying.

Last night Nathan fell and was crying.  Caleb said, "It's ok.  You just fell, but Jesus can make you all better.  He can make sick people all better.  Because he's nice.  It's ok."  So sweet!

Switching gears: somehow they started calling their butt their "baht."  It's funny how they pronounce it.  I usually just call it their bottom, but I think they picked it up from when they're naked after bath time and I called them a "nudie butt."  So Caleb and Nathan like to turn around to each other and say, "Hey!  Wanna see my baht??!! HAHAHAHA!"  The other day Caleb said to me, kind of thinking pensively, "Matthew's head is getting so big.  And his baht is getting bigger.  Sometimes bahts grow.  Like dupas grow?"  "Dupa" is my dad's word for butt.  Obviously they totally have boy humor.  They love to joke about stuff and try to say "yucky words" to each other like "poop" and "pee pee" if they think I'm not listening.  Caleb was singing a song in bed about pee pee in a teapot, and laughing to himself.  They make up completely nonsense things that only they understand and they think are hilarious.  On the way home from church one night, Nathan kept saying, "A car crash me, I get a dupa!!"  And they were laughing uncontrollably.

The boys love to learn.  They're so inquisitive, so they learn so much by asking me stuff all day long.  All. Day. Long.  While it's very exhausting sometimes, I love being the one to teach them things and explain stuff to them.  Caleb is wanting to learn how to tell time.  He knows a lot of the basic times; but, man! telling time is confusing!  He also likes to know his numbers.  My dad taught him to count by 5s and 10s.  And he's asking how to add numbers together.  Here's a video of him:


Caleb has been into super heroes lately.  He loves to act out good guys (he calls them nice guys) vs. bad guys.  David got him a story book with Spider-Man, Iron Man, and The Avengers.  He loves it.  Here he is making up a Spider-Man dance.  He crouches down and does the Spider-Man pose on the ground, then he flails his arms around and shoots the bad guys.  It's a long video, but it's funny.




Nathan cracks me up.  Seriously.  It's so hard to explain, but that kid is hilarious to me.  But it's hard to capture in words or even on video.  I love him to pieces.  I just want to squeeze him.  He's a little fireball sometimes.  His new saying recently when he wants something is, "I take it away.  I run away.  I put you in jail."  What??!!  That kid might be trouble when he's older.  It's cute now, but he loves to argue and have the power over somebody.  He only likes to do things once he thinks it's his own idea.  He loves Matthew so much and wants to hold him, kiss him, and hug him every time he comes into the room.  He gives Matthew no personal space.  He's in his face like waaaay close.  All the time.  Nathan has the funniest cartoon voice.  Here I got a little of his silliness and voice on video.  He was saying over and over again to Matthew, "Hey boo-boo!  You're da boo-boo!"  Whatever that means.


No comments: