Monday, September 14, 2009

Finally!

That long awaited day has finally come! Caleb is sleeping through the night...more importantly I am sleeping through the night!

I know! 7+ months of waking up every night. I was beginning to think he wouldn't sleep through the night until he was 15.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that it took him this long. It seems like it's the number 1 question about how your baby is doing when people ask. But since he didn't sleep though the night on his own, I didn't feel comfortable about cutting out his night feeding until he was on solid foods. And I'm glad I did it that way. It seemed to be the right time for him.

It's been 14 consistent days now. I'm so proud of my boy. I just had to give him one night of "tough love" where I let him cry...not fun. But he caught on quickly and was sleeping good from there on out.

He's been a really good napper for months now, so now that nighttime is conquered, I'd say his sleep issues are a thing of the past. Although, from talking to other moms, I know all too well that sleep problems creep in again sometimes during certain developmental milestones, teething, growth spurts, etc. So, for now, I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be embarrased...You are doing great! Emory is 1 year old and she still does not consistently sleep through the night. So you are blessed with Caleb's sleeping skills that you have worked hard to foster.

Lori said...

YAY! That is such a big thing when they are sleeping the whole night...it changes your life! congrats! :)