Weight: 16 lbs 12 oz
Height: 27 1/2 inches
Head: 18 inches
Basically, everything David and I have been trying not to eat in order to lose weight, we have to give to Caleb. We're going to try to add calories and fat in where we can. The problem is, Caleb is already eating three good meals a day, an afternoon snack, nursing three times a day, and getting pediasure at night. So it's going to be challenging to figure out how to do this. His doctor said to add cheese on stuff, give him whole milk, even ice cream! Really, we're not too worried about him because David and I were small babies, and Caleb is happy and doing fine developmentally. We're just hoping he gets on the charts soon, otherwise his doctor might want to run some tests to make sure nothing is wrong.
We think he's just perfect though! :)
Oh, and an update on David and I - David has lost 19 lbs since Thanksgiving, and I've lost 7 lbs! Still no exercise, just a healthy diet. We're almost where we were when we got married! We haven't seen those numbers in a lonnng time. Hopefully with the spring weather around the corner, we'll be taking more walks and bike rides to get some exercise into our day.
Birthday pictures coming soon!
4 comments:
Lisa-
Caleb is just perfect. I am sooo proud of you for making breastfeeding last this long. That is just awesome.
I feel your pain on the small baby thing...Emory at 17 months barely hits 21 pounds...my coworker's daughter is under 1 year old and she is 20 pounds. We just have petite kids. Right?!
Wayne found a toddler supplement that we add to her sippy cup with milk. We decided to do it because Emory only has a handful of fruits and veggies in her repertoire. Its got all sorts of vitamins and minerals plus added calories. It tastes like banana and she LOVES it...She's drinking more milk than ever before. If you are inetrested in the name brand (I forgot it)...I can email you with the info. Oh and we do whole organic milk.....she loves that too.
Yeah, Cat, I'd love to know what supplement you use! Our active kids must burn those calories off too fast. :)
Hey Lisa! I find it hilarious that you and David are trying to lose and little Caleb is trying to gain! Anna is very petite for her age. The other day someone asked me if she was 5 months old....she's almost 11....ha! Caleb looks very happy and healthy to me! :)
You should send Caleb over to your cousin Michelle's house for a couple weeks, her little Julia is overweight! Michelle and Melanie both were fat babies, and so was I!! Caleb looks like a healthy sized baby to me.
Aunt Cecelia
Post a Comment