Friday, February 12, 2010

Caleb's birthday

Caleb is one!  On February 7, 2009, Caleb came into the world…and our lives haven’t been the same since!  He is a wonderful joy and blessing.  Caleb means “whole-hearted”, and we truly think that meaning is fitting for him.  He has huge smiles, big belly laughs, loves people, and loves life.  It’s our prayer that he would be whole-hearted in his love for God as he grows, and that God would use this boy for a wonderful purpose.

Here is a little recap of Caleb's 1st birthday celebration.  I posted pictures on Facebook, but I'll add them on here as well for those who only check the blog.

We just threw a humble party with our little family unit, Caleb's grandparents, aunts and uncle.  I made barbecue for lunch, which included pulled pork, brisket, potato casserole, baked beans, and all the other fixins.  It was yummy!  For the brisket, I just bought HEB's pre-cooked and seasoned brisket.  All you have to do in warm it up in the oven.  I was pleasantly surprised with how good it was.  And it was much more economical than buying from a restaurant.  Anyway...

Caleb had a blast being the center of attention.  He loves when lots of people are around.  He's one lucky kiddo to have so many people who love him.

opening presents

playing on his new trike


playing with his new learning toy, while wearing his new hat

wrestling Aunt Susie

the cake

blowing out the candle with Daddy's help

trying to figure out what it is

"are you sure I'm allowed to eat this deliciousness?"

"whoa, that's sweet."

"ahhh!  I don't like the icing in between my fingers!"
He kept trying go fling it on the floor.

Clean hands!  Happy again!

3 comments:

Wall Family said...

He's adorable!! I'm so glad to know your blog address so I can keep up w/ you better! Will you be in Branson? Hope to see you soon!

David / Lisa Domine said...

Thanks! Yes, I'll be in Branson. This will be my first time away from Caleb! I'm having mixed emotions, but I think it'll be good. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like Caleb had a great first birthday. I love those blue jeans he had on!
Aunt Cecelia