Friday, April 09, 2010

Can anyone else relate?

The cartoon Dilbert hits really close to home for David.  Like, sometimes he wonders if the writer is following him around and documenting his work life.

Well, the Dilbert a couple weeks ago hit on more of a personal note.  We laughed and laughed after reading it.  And then thought about it later in the day and laughed some more.

I'll give you the back story:
When David and I got married, we realized that neither of us really liked to iron and neither of us really cared.  So I figured in our new life together, we'd probably be known as the wrinkly couple.  I try to hang up shirts and pants as soon as they come out of the dryer, so as not to have to iron them.  (Thankfully, now we have all of his dress shirts pressed at the cleaners.)  But there are those times when I don't get around to it, and a shirt or pants are pretty wrinkled.  I'll say, "David, you can't wear those pants to work, they're so wrinkly!  I didn't get a chance to iron them!"  He'll just say, "Nobody will notice.  And if they do, they'll just think I wrinkled them on my drive to work."  hehe.  Riiiight.  If by "wrinkled them on my drive to work" you mean "look like they were balled up in the corner for a few days" then sure, that's what they'll think.  Same with ink stains, etc.  People don't know it didn't just happen.  I guess we don't have to worry about being too image-conscious. 

Anyway, here it is.  It even throws in some IT nerdiness to make David laugh even more. 

3 comments:

R said...

Ahhhh... DILBERT. He's THE champion rising from any Corporate America cubicle city on the umpteenth floor (aka - my last job). I've actually pulled this trick a few times, however my cell didn't come equipped with the latest "witness tracking" app. Must be an Apple.

the p's said...

that's hilarious. we don't iron either. just throw it in the dryer for a few minutes.

amanda said...

funny! :-)