Here is a summery of what we've been up to lately:
A new hair cut and summer jammies for Caleb. I cut his hair with clippers for the first time, and it turned out really nice. And it was much easier than I expected.
You may happen to notice a mattress in the background of this picture... We bought a new mattress recently, and David thought it would be fun to put the old one in the living room for a while for Caleb to jump around on. He loves it! He and Daddy wrestle a lot on there. I'm just trying to figure out when the expiration date is. You can only have a mattress in your living room so long. But I won't be very popular when I decide it has to go.
We've been going to the library and parks:
We've been playing with friends. It's fun now that he can socialize more with kids his age.
I took some newborn pictures for a friend recently. I'm always wanting to improve my photography skills, and I'll jump at the chance to let someone be my subject...as long as they have no expectations of actually getting a good picture. I don't think I'm very good because I don't have a natural eye for it like some people do. But it's something I enjoy and want to get better at. If I get a nice picture, I'm pretty sure it's mostly luck. Here are some pics of this cute little 1-month-old boy:
And I'm starting to see some growth in my "garden." Since we only have a patio, I have to grow my vegetables in pots. I can't wait to have a yard with a garden some day. But for now this will do. It won't feed us for very long, but it's fun for me. I'm getting quite a few tomatoes and a couple bell peppers. Nothing is ripe yet though.
Other things going on (but without pictures):
- We had a good baby check-up on Friday. We find out next month what we're having! I just started feeling baby movin this week.
- Caleb started this new thing where whenever I sing Jesus Loves Me, he give me kisses...big sloppy kisses on the mouth. I have no idea why, but it's really cute.
- He's also been fake laughing a lot. Sometimes it's real laughing, but he does it so much in a row, I think he just likes to hear himself laugh.
- Caleb also has found the fun in taking all of the toilet paper off of the roll. He's emptied two whole rolls so far. So I try to keep the bathroom doors closed when I remember.
- David and I are going to Florida next week to celebrate our 6-year anniversary! We're staying in a bed & breakfast next to the beach. Hopefully there will be no sign of the oil leak in the gulf when we are there. We're told it hasn't reached Destin yet. Either way, we're looking forward to getting away for a few days. I'll post an update of our trip when we get back!





2 comments:
Yay - New mattress! Good rest is KEY, especially with the 2nd on the way! BOO to the previous brand you had! Write a blog about how no one should ever buy that brand! Good for wrestling, though - haha!
You do have an eye for it! Thank you for letting us be you subjects! I finally posted on my blog and one of your pics of peter are on there.
Post a Comment