Caleb has started using sign language. We've been doing a few signs for a while, and he's started using them regularly now. He says "please", "more", "eat", "all done", "Bible/book". He's especially animated with it when he wants crackers or cheerios. He'll do all three signs - eat, more, please - and grab my hand and take me to the pantry.
It definitely helps cut down on whining when he is having trouble with something or wants a toy, and he'll sign "please". And it's so darn cute, I'll practically give him anything if he does it...but don't tell him that.
He also has a certain favorite phrase he says all the time (his only phrase that we know of). He always says, "There he is!" when he sees David, or sees himself in the mirror, or playing peekaboo, or when he finds a toy. We're probably the only ones that know what he's saying because he mostly says it using vowel sounds. I guess he picked it up from me because I say it all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment