We went to Dallas for the 4th of July weekend. It is our only weekend we can go out of town this summer, so we took advantage of it. All three of us were sick, so it was nice to be with my family. Caleb was the least sick. So while David and I recuperated, my family entertained Caleb and fed us yummy food.
My family's neighborhood has a small 4th of July parade each year. And when I say small, I mean small. Like, if you're 10 minutes late, you'll probably miss it. It consists of just a fire truck, an ambulance and kids on their decorated bikes riding down the street. At the end of the street they have a few bounce houses set up, along with free hot dogs and drinks. It was fun. Maybe next year Caleb will ride a bike in the parade.
Here we are waiting for the parade. Sorry we're not wearing any patriotic garb. I promise there is a parade. We're not sitting on the edge of an empty street, really.
Caleb was memorized by the fire engine. It was LOUD!
Caleb was worn out from all the fun. He fell asleep on the walk home.
David and I had a little date night and went to see Toy Story 3 in 3D. Caleb had fun playing with our 3D glasses when we got home.
Caleb enjoyed playing on his swing set in the backyard.
Caleb likes playing with and petting Boomer, my parent's dog. We're always surprised that he's not afraid of him.
Holding his hand out like this is his request that you come here. He'll grab your hand and lead you to where he wants you to go or what he wants you to help him do.
We snapped a current family picture. My boys are so cute!
Caleb's patriotic pose in my dad's truck:
I also took some pictures of my sis and her boyfriend to practice my photography. Aren't they cute??
Oh, and at my parent's church on Sunday they did a cool thing to celebrate the 4th of July. The orchestra played all the songs from each branch of the military while the choir sang along, and anyone who served in that branch stood up while it played. It was very moving. I'm proud to say my dad served in the US Air Force. Thanks to all who serve and protect our country! Hope everyone had a happy 4th!







No comments:
Post a Comment