Monday, August 16, 2010

Minivan momma, driving your way

Yes, it's true!  We bought a minivan!  It's a new-to-us 2008 Honda Odyssey, black interior/exterior, with all the bells and whistles.  It's by far the nicest, newest car we've ever had.

David had been researching minivans for about a year, and finally found the one he wanted....in Missouri!  He had a lot of different criteria for the one he wanted.  Fortunately, he was going there on a business trip, so he flew up there for work, and drove it home with a friend. 

I never pictured myself driving one, but I gotta tell ya, I love it!  It's so smooth, easy, convenient.  I'd recommend one to anyone with kids.  I only have one kid, but I know it's going to be so much more handy when the second one comes along.

We've come a long way in our vehicles.  Case in point - David and I drove his family's old station wagon the first few years of our marriage.  I think it had about 360,000 miles on it?  It doesn't show...
Yes, that two-toned beauty was ours.  The picture doesn't do it justice because you can't see the whole thing.  I even started dating David while he was driving it!  If that isn't true love, I don't know what is.  Hey, we never had to worry about getting our car broken into!  And just now are we getting rid of it and giving it to a family at David's old church who needs it.  It might not be pretty, but it still runs and the air conditioning works!

I don't have any great pics of the van yet, but here are some pictures of David and Caleb giving it it's first wash:


2 comments:

The Engers said...

very nice! congrats! you'll make that mini van hot lisa! :) but it looks pretty cute, i have to say :)

R said...

I'll miss the wagon, truthfully!! It's like a NY cockaroach - huge, ugly, & just won't die! Ah, brings me back.