We had a fun week at VBS a couple weeks ago. The boys loved it. I was exhausted. :) I don't think I officially announced it on the blog, but I think everyone knows we're expecting a baby! First trimester nausea and exhaustion hit me for sure.
Nathan had a traumatic week recently. He had an accident and fell out of the wagon and banged his teeth/gums. He was bleeding a lot, and at first I panicked that he was going to lose his teeth! I had horrific images of him being toothless until 3rd grade when his permanent teeth would come in. But his teeth seemed fine. It must have just been his gums. His top lip swelled crazy big. I couldn't get a great picture, but here is a little bit of an idea. It looked a lot more swollen in person. His gums turned all black and blue. Poor guy couldn't drink out of his sippy cup without it hurting. But he kind of enjoyed the novelty ofdrinking without the lid on like a big boy. After telling the story to several friends, I realized how common teeth injuries are. Now I'm slightly paranoid that he damaged the nerve and his teeth will turn gray and die. But like David said, there isn't anything we can do now. Everything looks fine, and I think if after a few weeks everything looks normal, then we'll be in the clear.
If that wasn't bad enough, he also had a cold that week, and then stepped in a big ant pile. He was covered in welts. My friend suggested rubbing apple cider vinegar on them to stop the stinging, and that worked wonders! He never itched them, not once. They got all nasty and pussy the next day. Now they're all healed. Let's hope that's it for traumatic events for awhile.
We went to see David's family on the 4th of July. Caleb loved corn on the cob.
They played marble works with Aunt Sarah.
We took a trip to Dallas the night of July 4th. On the way we saw lots of fireworks as we passed by different cities. The boys loved spotting them. Nathan called out "wacka wacka!" (firecracker) each time he saw one. It was so cute!
I helped throw a bridal shower for my sister. She'll be getting married in 2 months. It's coming fast! And I got to see the super cute house they just bought.
You know for baby showers they make diaper cakes? Well, I made a kitchen utensil cake. I was quite proud of myself since I'm not super crafty.
Sue and her bridesmaids
Obviously, one of her bridesmaids is pregnant - and due in one week! That made getting fitted for a dress a little tricky for her. But I think it'll be fine. My dress, on the other hand, may be a different story...
So when I realized I was pregnant, I had just ordered my dress the week before. Stupid, stupid. Over the weekend I went to try on a different size because the one I ordered is already tight, and by the time of the wedding I'll be around 5 months. I'm going to be a lot bigger then. So I went to the dress shop, and tried on two other dress sizes - one just a size bigger, and one that was two sizes bigger. I stuck my stomach out as far as I could, and figured the dress that was two sizes up would be good. One of the seamstresses happened to be back in the dressing room, and said, "Guuurl! You're gonna need to get a dress way bigger than that! You're already that big and you have 9 more weeks to go??!!" Gee, thanks. As I was feeling slightly offended, they got me another dress two MORE sizes up, and said that would be a good one. So here I am wearing a huge sack-of-a-dress that they say will be snug on the day of the wedding. Yay! So there in a matter of minutes, I went from my original size 4 to a size 12! Let's just say Susie will look really good next to me on the day of the wedding. I'll be the one wearing the blue tent next to her. It's my gift to her. :)
While we were at my parents house, we inflated a little pool and pulled the slide next to it. Caleb loved it! But we had a big laugh and had to admit how ridiculous it probably looked having 5 adults sitting outside and watching two kids play in a pool the size of an inner tube. Oh well, they didn't mind.
The boys helped Aunt Susie wash her car.
They stole flags from neighbors' yards and had a little mini-parade around the cul-de-sac.
That's the last couple weeks for us. Hope every one is enjoying their summer too!









No comments:
Post a Comment