Caleb loves going to the pool. He started out timid, as he has every summer, but he's getting more adventurous. He went down the slide at our pool, which was a major accomplishment for him. He doesn't like to be pushed into anything. So it took him awhile to warm up to the idea. It's funny, because he's a dare devil in many other areas, but I guess the pool takes him awhile to get used to. Last time we were there I think we went down the slide the whole hour.
Protecting his toys from an intruding little brother.
We had a MAJOR milestone accomplishment with Caleb. Drumroll...... He can now go to the bathroom by himself in the middle of the night!!!! You have no idea how this has changed our lives - more specifically, David's - because he would be the one getting up with him during the night. We potty trained Caleb back in January, and since then, I can probably count on 1 hand the times he has wet the bed or pull-up. Instead, he would wake up in the middle of the night and scream bloody murder, "DAAAADDDYYYYY!!! I have to go pee pee!!!!!!" So David would have to go upstairs, walk him to the bathroom, and take him back to bed. We saw no end in sight. We kind of hoped he would go back to peeing in his sleep and just wearing pull-ups, but no such luck. He woke up every night screaming to go to the bathroom. So David started telling him he could go by himself. And one night it just clicked. It happened around 10pm when we were both downstairs watching tv, and we heard him whimpering. Then all of a sudden, we heard the door open, pitter-patter running across the house, the toilet flush, running back, and the door shutting. It was a MIRACLE! It was so cute to hear his little feet and picture his little body doing that all by himself. We keep telling him how proud we are of him. And he even did it while we were at my parents' house for 4 days. Yay! AND, he has done this several times at 7am, and gone back to bed until I came up to get him. We told him he can turn off his noise machine and read books until I come up, but I usually find him just laying in bed in the dark. I love my little rule-follower. :)
The hardest thing about Caleb's personality is that he mopes and whines. And if something is bothering him, he can't shake it off and get past it. He fixates on it. I have no idea of anyone who is like that. heh, heh. I try to help him by saying things like, "It's over, we can't do anything about it now." "Caleb, it's not a big deal." "You can choose to be happy." "Oh well, maybe next time you can do it." I try to empathize with him too because it's something that bothers him, but at the same time helping him move past it. Here is a picture of something bothering him. He likes to look as pathetic as possible. He even tries to keep from laughing and force himself to mope:
Nathan is the cutest thing ever. Seriously, a day doesn't go by when David and I don't say how completely adorable he is. And can we keep him this way forever? One of my favorite things is when he sees Caleb doing or saying something, and then he does it too, but he acts like he just thought of the idea himself, not like he copied it or anything. Like he's so proud of what he just thought to do...as he's looking out of the corner of his eye at Caleb to make sure he's doing it just like him.
Nathan wanting to be just like Caleb.
When we're driving in the car, he loves to shout out "wah-der down-din" aka water fountain, and "car drans-jor-jor" aka car transporter. This chatterbox of a kid is saying lots of sentences/phrases. "Can't reach it." "I did it." "More milk please." "Birdy over there." "Another one!" Those are a few we hear the most.
He must be a gassy kid because he does it all the time. Caleb hardly ever did or does. But Nathan does all the time. And what makes it even funnier is he says, "I toot" with those tiny little lips.
I gave all three boys a haircut this weekend. I hadn't cut David's hair probably 4 years! I think I stopped when I was pregnant with Caleb and my belly was getting in the way and it was too tiring. So I was nervous to do his, but it turned out well. I used the clippers on Nathan for the first time. It's the shortest it's ever been. A good summer buzz cut, I guess. :)
Coloring with chalk outside.




No comments:
Post a Comment