Thursday, November 29, 2012

Updates

Just some updates from what's been going on here lately:

- We picked a name for our 3rd boy!  Matthew James Domine.  The boys are so excited to meet him.  They talk about him all the time and ask if he's kicking, or laughing, or cold, or anything.  :)  They pat my belly and give him kisses.  Caleb says when Matthew is born he'll be zero, and then he'll get bigger like him.  He said he's going to get him a baby pillow, read him a baby book, and get him some clothes because when he's born he'll be a nudie.  :)  Nathan talks about him a lot too, which is funny because I'm pretty sure when I was pregnant with Nathan, Caleb hardly realized anything was different.

- This third pregnancy is kicking my booty.  I had more 1st trimester sickness with this one - which is why a lot of people thought it was a girl.  But I'm also having way more 3rd trimester exhaustion.  It's just harder to take it easy and take care of yourself with 2 active boys around.  I've hit the point where I'm not sure how I'm going to make it another month and a half!  I'm having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions.  After making dinner, I feel like I've run a marathon.  I'm not able to eat much because there isn't much room in my stomach.  It's so hard to get comfortable.  If I lean back, I can't breathe, and if I lean forward I can't breathe.  I'm constantly re-adusting when I'm sitting on the couch.  I don't want to sound whiny, but that's just how it is now.  THANKFULLY, I'm sleeping well still.  :)  And I haven't had an horrible groin/joint/ligament pain like I did with the last two.  I can't tell you how happy those two things make me.

- I love my boys.  I can't believe how much I love them.  They are the sweetest things.  David sometimes takes them to the park in the evening while I cook dinner and rest a bit.  Today they were so excited that I was coming along because they wanted to show me a new playground they found.  Caleb held my hand and said, "Mommy, I'll hold your hand so you don't get lost."  And "Mommy, there is a chair over there for you to sit in so you don't get tired."  They're used to hearing me say I can't do things because of my big belly or because I'm tired.  And one of my favorite things is when they're doing something on the playground or kicking the ball, and they glace over to see if I'm watching.  And when they see that I am, you can see the happiness on their faces.  I love giving them that reassurance and confidence that I'm there and I'm proud of them.  I love being a part of those little moments.

- We're learning more about Nathan's personality.  I can't believe we once thought he was going to be our serious child.  He's so silly.  He loves to make us laugh.  And this kid is crazy smart...in my motherly assessment.  :)  The doctor asked at his two-year appointment if he was starting to string phrases together.  Uh...I feel like I've been having full conversations with this kid for months.  Tonight he was showing me the moon.  Then he said, "It rises in the east.  Sets in the west."  Um, ok, crazy memory child.  He absorbs everything.  Because he's so verbal, it makes it really fun to listen to the boys have conversations together.  They love to playfully argue.  So we'll be driving, and Caleb will say, "I saw a mail truck!"  And Nathan will say, "No, I saw a mail truck!"  C: "No, you didn't!"  N: "Yes, I didn't!"  Nathan just loves to say the opposite of whatever you say.

- And I'm very thankful for mild Texas winters.  While the summers are crazy hot, I'm glad to be able to go outside and play with the boys, so we're not cooped up inside the house all day.  We've been to the park a lot this week.  It's already a bummer that it's dark at 5:30 now.  I can't imagine how people do it up north with all the snow and bitter cold!  Well, I can because I grew up in it.  I'm just glad we can get out and run around without having to layer on clothes, only to last outside for 20 minutes.  :)

No comments: