Here are a couple of weird things that happen every day around here. Maybe they're common to everyone, but I have a hunch probably not.
For one, I feel like I wipe someone's butt like 8 times a day. Call me crazy, but that seems like a lot for 3 kids! Seriously, Caleb and Nathan both poop about 3 times a day. I mean, I'm happy they're so regular and all and have healthy digestion (I've read you're supposed to go at least once a day), but give a mom a break! I'm usually hesitant to go places at certain times of the day because I know nature will call. One time Caleb had 3 adult-sized poops before noon! How all of that fit into his tiny body, I'll never know. People, you'd be jealous of these too. They are so clean and perfect, they require virtually no wipes, but I have to wipe him anyway, of course. Sorry for all the details, but those are just the facts. And in his 4 1/2 years of life, I don't think he's ever not pooped. In fact, if David and I talk about it, it's usually over the fact we think he only pooped once that day and wonder if he's going to wake us in the middle of the night to wipe him. Ha! I think I need to get on that getting-him-to-wipe-himself thing stat!
Another weird thing I think is probably uncommon is I usually have to wake all of the kids up from their naps. And it's hard! I don't think Nathan has ever woke on his own, but a handful of times. And this is after they have napped for 2+ hours! I wake them because I don't want them sleeping past 4, or much longer than 2 hours because I want them to sleep well at night. I'm not complaining much about this one. I know what a blessing it is to have kids that love to nap. I usually get at least an hour to myself when all of them are down...or in Caleb's case, reading in his room. But those couple times a week when Caleb does nap, I have to wake each kid up. Sometimes it takes like 30 minutes to get them to wake up! Ugh! I dread getting them up for school during the teenage years! And they are usually somewhat grumpy and groggy from being woken, so I have 3 boys that want to sit on top of me and cuddle. And many times I'm trying to nurse Matthew! I need another set of hands! :)
Not sure if those are normal for everyone, but it's definitely part of my so-called life. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment