Friday, August 07, 2009

Happy 6 months, Caleb!

Whoa! My little boy is already 6 months old!

6 months ago:

today:


In the past 6 months he has learned how to:
- laugh
- squeal
- roll both ways
- grab things
- put everything in his mouth
- army crawl
- push up on all 4's
- play peek-a-boo
- get into things and places I didn't expect
- occasionally get his pacifier back into his mouth
- and lots more

Things he likes:
- reading
- stroller rides
- nursery at church
- the pool (well, most of the time)
- when I sing to him
- moving constantly
- going to the store
- outdoors
- hanging out with friends

Things he doesn't like:
- playing by himself too long
- sitting in something restrictive
- playing with the same toy too long, he gets frustrated
- being on the changing table as much as he used to

He's really developing a sense of humor. He lets us know when he likes something with a big smile or a laugh. And he definitely lets us know when he doesn't like something by yelling and grunting. He has started to look for me when other people hold him. And sometimes he even reaches out for me or crawls over to me.

He still hasn't learned to sit by himself yet. Probably because he's constantly moving! We're going to start feeding him baby food soon. I'm going to try to make my own. We'll see how that goes!

Lots of changes, and many more to come! We love you, Caleb!

2 comments:

Hannah Andrews said...

Happy six month, Caleb! I've loved getting to see you grow and change along the way. And to watch your lovely mama become so natural at what she does...love you!

Unknown said...

Can't believe how time is flying!

I made some of Emory's babyfood. Its super easy and definitely worth it. Let me know if you have any questions. I found the website
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com
to be VERY VERY helpful.