Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Garden

I am not a crafty mom.  I know a lot of moms that do all sorts of crafts and creative things with their kids.  I'd love to be like that.  Maybe I'll be like that one day.

But I saw a friend post something about doing an Easter Garden, and I thought, "Hey!  I can do that!"  It only required stuff found in the yard, so it seemed easy enough. 

We've been reading Easter books, which Caleb loves.  So I thought he'd enjoy some hands-on activity to help tell the Easter story.

So we got a shallow container and put in some dirt.  Gathered a few sticks and used twine to make crosses.



Got some leaves for palm branches, flowers for the Garden, 
and I used a detergent cup for the tomb.  
And of course we needed a big rock to roll away.

Caleb read his Easter story book and we pointed out the story in the scene.  
He knows about the soldiers, the cross and the empty tomb.  He says, "Jesus is alive!!!"

Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like that! You're such a wonderful mother. Mind if I share this with my friends who have tots?

amanda said...

that is so cool!

R said...

LOVE this, Lisa! Thanks for posting pics. I might try it with JJ next year... IF I remember!! I'm not great @ crafts either... but JJ isn't much of a crafts kid... so it works. I'm a shopping mom & he's a shopping kid! God gave me the right one! It's not the most well-rounded childhood, but it aint bad either! Caleb & Nathan are so blessed to have great parents like you!!