Saturday, July 16, 2011

We're moving!

Yes, that still seems like news to me!  All of this happened in a matter of a few weeks.  We totally were not expecting to be moving for another couple years, but God practically dropped this house into our laps.  Long story, short - I was randomly looking on har.com, I put in a wishlist of criteria, up popped one house, we went and looked at it, loved it, bought it.  Ta-da!  Crazy, I know.  But we think it is the perfect house for us. I can't really find anything I don't like about it, and that's a little scary (although some of the paint colors need to go!).  But we feel a peace about moving forward with this.  We just need to sell our place now!  So if anyone knows of someone wanting to buy a townhome in the Galleria area, let us know!  :)

I'm a little sad because we love our place so much.  It's a great location and we fixed our house just the way we wanted it.  Even though we could be content here for a while longer, it is beginning to feel a bit cramped.  The two things I'm looking forward to the most are: 1. having my own room again!  Nathan has been sleeping in our room b/c he still wakes up at night, so I don't want to put him in with Caleb yet.  He's 9-months old this week, so it's about time!  I sometimes feel like I'm being held hostage in our room because I can't get up early in the morning without waking him.  :)  And 2. having a long driveway and a three-car garage!  We have a very tiny carport, and it's kind of a circus getting two kids in and out and parking the big van.

We hope all of our friends will come out and visit us even though it'll be a little farther away!!  I will use bribery of fun neighborhood pools/splash pads and playgrounds, and even baked goodies if I have to.

A picture of the new place:

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations. The house looks beautiful. What part of town is it in?

Kim Symms said...

Beautiful home! Congrats! Where is it located? We are thinking of moving also.

David / Lisa Domine said...

Whoops. Meant to mention that it's in Katy.

Erin said...

Congrats! It is BEAUTIFUL!

R said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Go figure... a LONG driveway is a GOOD thing in the south!! BAD thing up in these parts - no one wants to shovel all that snow in the winter! It's a truly BEAUTIFUL home! Can't wait to see it.

the herzogs said...

it is beautiful and so excited for y'all (but also a little sad, but i'll get over that eventually ;-) ) but really, so excited for you guys, and i can't wait to invite myself over. hehe.

Preben and Ellen said...

yay! we are so excited you guys will be closer to us! can't wait to have play dates together :)