Caleb playing with a big floor puzzle from Grammy.
Nathan wearing his first baseball cap (a hand-me-down from Caleb). He's showing the classic Nathan smirk.
My cute boys all in their polos. Couldn't get everyone to smile. But they're all looking at the camera. I'll take what I can get.
Nathan playing with a toy at his 9-month check-up.
We had some remodeling work done on the bathroom attached to Caleb's room. Since they were working in there, I had to have him nap in my room with Nathan. I had never tried that before. I slept on the bed with him, and Nathan slept in the pack-n-play next to us. It actually worked, and both boys took a good nap. As you can see, he made himself comfortable on his half of the bed.
A friend sent us these cute towel for the boys.
Another classic Nathan smirk.
Another classic Nathan smirk.
Caleb has been helping me unload the dishwasher lately. He loves to help, and he loves putting things away. Then he wanted to play with the silverware sorter.
A closer look. I love how he posed the guys climbing on the side. It's so cute to hear him talk to them and see his imagination at work.
Both boys sitting at the table doing puzzles.
Nathan is getting finally mobile! In the last month he started crawling, and is getting around pretty quickly now. He loves standing and walking with help. Now that he's getting around easier, he's encroaching on Caleb's personal space. Caleb isn't too excited about Nathan grabbing his stuff off the table that he worked so hard to put exactly where he wanted. We're working on that. It's a balance between teaching Caleb to share and be flexible, and also not letting Nathan just ruin all of Caleb's play (even if unintentional).
Nathan has started clapping and waving. He also lifts his hands over his head when I say "so big!" And it seems like he does the sign for "all done" when he's finished eating...but I'm not totally sure yet.
Caleb is in the phase of saying "whatcha doin'?" We hear it probably 200 times a day. One day he said, "Mom, whatcha doin'?" and I said back, "whatcha doin'?" And he said, "No! What are YOU doing?" and pointed his finger at me.
He's also into rhyming words. So he'll say stuff like, "plates gates" or "old cold" or "nope gope"...yeah, sometimes they are made-up words.
Speaking of made-up words, Caleb also likes to add nonsense words to the end of his sentences. So he'll say something like, "Caleb have milk please dobedobedo?" Or "Thank you, mommy jabbadabbadebe." I usually encourage his silliness and repeat back his words, and he thinks it's hilarious. We'll go back and forth talking in this silly language. He's totally got my silly sense of humor.
I'm really surprised Caleb picks up on people's names so well. We watched a show on PBS called Sid the Science Kid. And one day - after only seeing it a few times - said, "Mom, what's Gerald doin?" And then "Ella (Gabriella, I think) going down the slide." One day we were playing up at church, and Caleb pointed to a kid and said, "That's Robert." So I asked the little boy, and sure enough, his name was Robert. I had never seen him before. But a few Sundays later, I picked Caleb up from church, and Robert was in his class.
In the car the other day, Caleb reached over to Nathan and said, "Fist bump, Nathan!" and he was trying to show him how to do it.
There are tons more stories. They make me laugh about something new everyday. I have to keep a mental list so I can tell it all to David when he gets home. These boys bring us so much joy!
Speaking of made-up words, Caleb also likes to add nonsense words to the end of his sentences. So he'll say something like, "Caleb have milk please dobedobedo?" Or "Thank you, mommy jabbadabbadebe." I usually encourage his silliness and repeat back his words, and he thinks it's hilarious. We'll go back and forth talking in this silly language. He's totally got my silly sense of humor.
I'm really surprised Caleb picks up on people's names so well. We watched a show on PBS called Sid the Science Kid. And one day - after only seeing it a few times - said, "Mom, what's Gerald doin?" And then "Ella (Gabriella, I think) going down the slide." One day we were playing up at church, and Caleb pointed to a kid and said, "That's Robert." So I asked the little boy, and sure enough, his name was Robert. I had never seen him before. But a few Sundays later, I picked Caleb up from church, and Robert was in his class.
In the car the other day, Caleb reached over to Nathan and said, "Fist bump, Nathan!" and he was trying to show him how to do it.
There are tons more stories. They make me laugh about something new everyday. I have to keep a mental list so I can tell it all to David when he gets home. These boys bring us so much joy!



1 comment:
Ahhhh!!! What I would do for a freshly washed baby or toddler!! Freshly washed KIDS just aren't the same... Those towels are adorable, but not as adorable as the kiddos inside them; their smiles are AWESOME!
Post a Comment