Tuesday, January 03, 2012

New trick for bedtime and a video

I just thought I'd pass along a new trick that has worked for us with Caleb.  Recently, when we would tell him it's time for a nap or bed, he'd flop like a wet noodle on the floor and say, "I don't want to go to bed."  :(  Sad.  He eventually would, but I was tired of the coaxing and whining.  So now I set our microwave timer (or my phone if we are upstairs) and tell him, "Caleb, when you hear the beep, it's time to go to bed."  And it's truly magical.  When hears it, he hops up and gets ready to go!  And it doesn't matter if I set it for 10 minutes or 30 minutes away.  It works.  I can't guarantee it will work for everyone, but if you're dealing with the same thing as us, you might as well give it a try!  :)

And here is a video from our library time.  After all the songs and the story, they let the kids run under the parachute.  They love it!  Nathan even gets in there with the big kids!  He's the one crawling on the ground with the red sleeves, and Caleb is next to him with the olive green sweatshirt and blue pants.

No comments: