Friday, April 06, 2012

Good Friday

We made an Easter Garden again this year.


I really love doing this.

The boys love it too.  Telling the story.  Hands on.


It got pretty messy.  They were both covered in dirt.  I imagine little girls would probably help me plant the flowers in the garden and listen to the story.  But not boys.  They play with the dirt.  Digs holes.  Throw it all over themselves.  Pluck the flowers out and pull off all the petals. 

It makes me cringe a little because it's not how I want it to be.  I'd like a nice neat story with all the pieces in their place.  Not dirt and mess everywhere.


But then I realized it was exactly what it should be.  And a good reminder for me.  The cross was messy.  A horrible bloody mess.

God's mercy on me for the mess I made.  His love.

"He'll drink from the cup of wrath that He pleads the Father to take from Him  — because He doesn't want to us taken from Him.  He takes that unfathomable cup because He can't fathom not taking His Bride."  - Ann Voskamp

Thank you Lord for the cross.  You did for me what I couldn't do for myself.  You made a way.


"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."  Hebrew 12:2

1 comment:

The Engers said...

love this! i'll have to do this next year! boys love to get dirty! :)