Unfortunately, we didn't catch any fish! We watched as the people across the lake from us caught one after another. We tried all different kinds of bait - corn, hotdogs, and worms, ew! But nothing. I think all the turtles were scaring them away on our side. It was good to at least learn the fishing technique though, and it builds character, right? I mean, fishing isn't exactly an action sport. :)
We picked out our spot on the other side of the lake where nobody was. I think we know why nobody was there now... :)
Grandpa showed Caleb his tackle box and how to put the wire on the pole.
Setting up.
First cast.
Reeling in!
Nathan did really well and was very patient.
Caleb kind of got bored. He played on the playground, and kept asking when he could go home and play with his trains.
David tried to cast off to the side since we weren't having any luck in front of us.
Grandpa and Nathan.
Aunt Susie and her boys.
Our bait kept getting nibbled off, so there must have been fish biting, but I guess they were too smart to get hooked. Better luck next year, Fisheroos!
1 comment:
looks like such fun! the boys are just adorable and aunt susie looks so happy! :) such great shots of the boys helping to fish :)
Post a Comment