Friday, March 29, 2013

Photo-a-day: day 29

We made an Easter garden today for Good Friday.  It's a hands-on activity we've done for the past 3 years to tell the story of Jesus dying on the cross and rising from the dead. 

The boys know the story really well.  Caleb is especially interested in the Easter story this year.  He was so excited when he found the Palm Sunday story in his Bible after I told him about it last Sunday and they did a craft about it in church.  He's been asking so many questions: "Why was Jesus sad?"  "Why didn't they like Jesus?"  "Why did they take his clothes?"  "How did he get his clothes back? (after the resurrection)"  When I told him I guess God just gave him new clothes, he said, "No, they were the same ones."  Ha!  I guess that's what the picture book shows.  His little mind doesn't stop.  I love that he's so curious.  He gets really excited when we read the part about Jesus' resurrection.  He has to tell me about that part when we read about the cross.  He knows it's the good news.  He knows that the darkness on Friday isn't the end of the story.  Who wouldn't want to turn the page for the victorious ending? 






No comments: