I'm not sure what else to say besides "dude" when I look at all the stuff I got from Kroger yesterday for their double-up-to-a-$1 coupon deal. The Grocery Game put up a list especially for this sale. Check it out:
Before I gave them my coupons, the total was about $130 (and that was after the Kroger card sales and my eCoupons were already subtracted, so it would have been more).
Well, after all of my coupons rang up, my grand total was:
$49.87!!!!
I probably bought a few things I really didn't need because they were just so darn cheap. And I'm bummed because I forgot to use 2 coupons. Oh well, I'm a rookie. :)
I got:
Food
2 blocks of cream cheese, 2 6-packs of bottled water, 2 Pringles, 2 boxes of Poptarts, 2 boxes of fruit snacks, 2 boxes of Rick Krispies Treats, 2 boxes of cereal, a Starbucks frappuccino, 2 jars of pasta sauce, 4 bags of rice, salad dressing, mayonnaise, 2 mustards, 2 packages of waffles, sour cream, soup, pepperoni, frozen hashbrowns, Bertolli
Toiletries
body lotion, 2 nail polishes, eye shadow, mascara, 2 shaving gels, hair spray, 3 deodorants (these toiletries alone would usually cost around $30+)
Misc
2 boxes of ziplock bags, 2 air freshener sprays, carpet odor eliminator, Windex cleaner, ant baits, batteries, gum, diapers, dishwashing detergent
The Grocery Game does help you find good deals on produce and meat, but this day was just for coupons - so that explains a lot of the nonperishables and snack foods in there.
A couple things I've learned about The Grocery Game so far...
- HEB usually has lower everyday prices, but they don't double or triple coupons, and they don't allow you to combine store coupons with manufacturer coupons. Kroger also lets you load coupons onto your Kroger card, and you can combine them with actual coupons. For example, I got 2 Degree deodorants, and I had two coupons for them - one $1 off and one $.75 off (which both got doubled). Well, I also added a '$1.50 off when you buy two' to my Kroger card...so I saved $5 on those two deodorants. But HEB will still be my store of choice when I have to run out and get stuff I need right away.
- I had to get over my "I don't need it right now" mentality. The idea is to pay $.50 for shaving gel now, verses $3 when I actually need it. They call it stockpiling. I don't really like keeping a ton of stuff - it makes me feel like a pack-rat - but I have a few cabinets I can spare to store a few extra items in.
Anyway, thanks for letting me share my fun savings with you!!
A couple things I've learned about The Grocery Game so far...
- HEB usually has lower everyday prices, but they don't double or triple coupons, and they don't allow you to combine store coupons with manufacturer coupons. Kroger also lets you load coupons onto your Kroger card, and you can combine them with actual coupons. For example, I got 2 Degree deodorants, and I had two coupons for them - one $1 off and one $.75 off (which both got doubled). Well, I also added a '$1.50 off when you buy two' to my Kroger card...so I saved $5 on those two deodorants. But HEB will still be my store of choice when I have to run out and get stuff I need right away.
- I had to get over my "I don't need it right now" mentality. The idea is to pay $.50 for shaving gel now, verses $3 when I actually need it. They call it stockpiling. I don't really like keeping a ton of stuff - it makes me feel like a pack-rat - but I have a few cabinets I can spare to store a few extra items in.
Anyway, thanks for letting me share my fun savings with you!!
1 comment:
i am so impressed lisa!! great job! everytime you post something like this i get closer and closer to trying it! :)
Post a Comment