Monday, August 03, 2009

Grocery Game

Ok, so I've been wanting to try this for a long time. I've finally signed up for the free trial of The Grocery Game. It's a service that promises to find you the lowest prices at the store(s) where you shop. It combines the sales with coupons and helps you stock up on stuff when it is really cheap, versus spending full price when you actually need it.

It's really not hard. I already clipped coupons anyway. Actually this way, I don't even need to clip unless the list tells me to.

So I gave it a try this morning. I just went small. I didn't want to get overwhelmed or confused with a big list. Also, I only had about 30 minutes before Caleb needed to be back home for his nap.

So here is what I got:
Yes, as you can see, many of the items are women's products...but who doesn't need those? :)

I got face wash, hair gel for David, two packages of pads, pantiliners, tampons, a listerine pack, two toothbrushes, toothpaste, and dishwashing detergent for an amazing price of:
$7.64!!!!

Pretty good deal, huh? I think I saved around $20-$25. The face wash alone is $5.39 at the regular price. A couple of the things were completely free. I'm excited. I've heard this can be addicting.

Since I'm not working outside the home anymore, it's good to make our money stretch. I'll be posting more of my savings as I branch out and try more things like food. Thanks, Kelly, for passing along the info!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Whoa! This is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

Way to go! This week was definitely a good week! $7.64 for all that - AWESOME!

Hannah Andrews said...

What?! That's awesome!

Lina said...

that's impressive!