When we first moved to Cinco Ranch, I noticed most - if not all - of the playgrounds have sand as the base. Usually I see dirt, or mulch, or pebbles, or pads, but I've never seen sand before. When I first saw it, I didn't really like it. It seemed messy and hard to walk on. But I guess someone smarter than me picked it out for a reason. We love it now! We go to the one at the end of our street almost every day. It's not as messy as I thought it would be. It dries pretty quickly after a rain. And it provides extra entertainment - I like to bring plastic spoons and bowls to let them play in it. They never get dirty, because the sand brushes right off. I worried about sand tracking into the house, but I just smack their shoes outside before coming in, and we're good to go. A lot of times I'll just let them go barefoot for a nice exfoliating effect. hehe. I am worried a little that it'll be really hot during the summer, but we'll see. But by that time, I'm sure we'll be at the pool everyday anyway.
As I was sitting there watching them play and thinking how lovely this sand idea was and how you don't get messy, Caleb decided to try to prove me wrong:
But I'm happy to report, no mess! If I find sand in his underwear later, I'll update this post. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment